- Instructor: Attorney Bob Schaller
- Lectures: 5
- Quizzes: 1
Miscellaneous Offer in Compromise Issues – Part 1.
Attorneys are authorized to represent taxpayers before the IRS on collection matters, including an Offer in Compromise. IRM § 126.96.36.199(6) (05-10-2013). Taxpayers have a set of fundamental rights they should be aware of when dealing with the IRS. For more information, go to www.irs.gov/taxpayer-bill-of-rights.
Issues discussed include the following:
- Public Disclosure
- IRS May Contact Third-Parties
- IRS May Contact Credit Bureaus
- Taxpayer Loses Right to Challenge Tax Debt Post Acceptance
- Assessment Period Extended
- Collection Period Extended
Overview of Miscellaneous OIC Issues
IRS May Contact Third-Parties and Credit Bureaus
Taxpayer Loses Right to Challenge Tax Debt Post Acceptance
Assessment & Collection Periods Extended